Friday, August 21, 2009

Paperless billing / AT&T Wireless annoyances

I went to go pay my cell phone bill - and I'll start off on a positive note - I love how easy it is to do with AT&T to pay my bill. I get the bill in the mail, I log on, I hit "Make a Payment" then click "ok" or whatever and I take a screenshot and save it in case I need proof...done and done. Quite easy. Ok, now that I started off on a positive note, here goes with my rant.

How come every time I log onto any site dealing with bills or banking, right after logging on, they have to try and sell me on paperless banking/billing? I think paperless banking/billing is a good idea but I hate the fact that I have to reject it EVERY TIME. And maybe if they didn't try to sell it to me as a way to be more green and to save trees and crap, I'd do it. I know that the main reason they try to get me to do it is because it would save them money, so I reject it out of spite. If you want to do it to save money, give me something for doing it instead of trying to make me feel like I'm doing the "right thing" and being green. Give me a $0.25 credit toward my account each month, or $5 right now, or something. If you give me the option and it saves you money while I get nothing in return, why should I change what's already working for me?

Secondly, I hate how AT&T Wireless (and I have a feeling this will carry over to other cell phone companies) hides things from their customers. The last time I signed a 2 year contract, I practically had to beg them to let me onto a cheaper phone plan, because I didn't use even half my minutes, and they I finally got them to give me a cheaper, unadvertised plan only because I had been with them (as AT&T, then Cingular, then AT&T again) so long. Now that my previous 2 year contract is done, I have the distinct pleasure of having to do this again. I need to get a new phone and I need to ask about getting a better texting plan, as I tend to run over my plan (200 texts/month) by 10 or 20, so it would be nice to have 300 to 500 texts a month. However, they only advertise 200/month, 1500/month, or unlimited, which I have a feeling is exactly what they're going to say when I ask if they have a 500/month plan. I just wish they'd be more transparent with the available options, instead of only showing what likely will make them the most money.

No comments:

Post a Comment