Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Batman baskets, stereo in stereo sound finally, and Green Day sings the songs of my life

#20 Get some sort of organizer for my remotes
I forgot I did this already - I went to Target after Easter to check out the clearance stuff, and I snagged an awesome Batman Easter basket for $5 that works perfectly for holding my remotes.

#57 - Fix my receiver/stereo situation so that it works right
My stereo situation was never really set up right when I bought a receiver a few years ago, and I realized a few months ago that my CD player was only playing through one speaker, even though my DVD player would play through both. So I overhauled my setup, decided to stop using the 2nd TV since I haven't really "needed" both of them at once in a long time, if ever. So I set it up right, and decided to not even bother with surround sound and just use my two main big speakers, and I ran everything through the receiver. It'll be annoying without a receiver remote for now, but I love it. It looks better too.

#91 - Get at least 360 new songs (18/360)
I bought the new Green Day CD after seeing them on SNL last weekend. All I can say is I love Green Day. I've never really thought of them as one of my favorite top 5 bands or anything, but they continue to make amazing CD's that I always love. There's so many good songs on here, but "Horshoes and Handgrenades" is the best song I've heard in a long time. Granted, part of me loves it purely because of the song title because I remember hearing the saying, "close only counts in horshoes and hand grenades" as a kid, I think from my dad.

3 comments:

  1. My dad used to tell me the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah...I think it's an old guy thing. I think my dad used to say "close only counts in horshoes, hand grenades and ballroom dancing" though, but I later found out that nobody else said "ballroom dancing" in that saying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, that sounds like your dad. My dad used to compare dancing to driving in the snow.

    ReplyDelete